INTERSECTIONS: A New America Arts Festival celebrates art as an inspiration for conversation and connection among artists and audience of all ages, races, cultures and art forms. INTERSECTIONS 2010 and attracted over 6000 patrons to the Atlas Performing Arts Center, topped by 9000 at INTERSECTIONS 2011. The festival returns in February 2012 for twelve days of multidisciplinary, curated performances with new opportunities for participation and audience engagement.
I’m fortunate to be one of the “accelerators” for this year’s INTERSECTIONS. As such I get to attend performances and tell you all about them. I also hope you will come down to the Atlas and join me. Many of the performances are free and the others are relatively inexpensive.
I’m seeing the following performances this weekend. I might have to camp out at the Atlas.
- 6:30 Cafe Concert & Young Professionals Happy Hour
- 7:30 An Evening w/ Stephen Lang & Guest Artist Tom Teasley
- 6:00 Bowen McCauley Dance Theatre: Perspectivoyage
- 7:00 The In Series: From Shuffle to Showboat
- 9:00 Festival Opening Party
- 3:30 The Delta Players and the Northeast Senior Singers: Buses Are A Coming: The Freedom Riders in Song and Story
- 5:30 Folger Shakespeare Library: …And Bid Him Sing
- 6:30 Cafe Concert: Michael Kramer and Tom Baldwin
- 8:00 Nasar Abadey and SUPERNOVA: Intersections in Space
- 9:00 Christylez Bacon: Washington Sound Museum
- 2:30 Tom Teasley: The Adventures of Prince Achmed
- 4:30 New Galaxy Theatre Group: Slam Theatre 2.0. The Miseducation …